Julian Mehnle wrote:

> > > Thanks, but the point of my question was that I wanted to know
> > > whether there are more "social engineering" signature in the
> > > database than just phishing ones.

 Apologies. I misinterpreted that question.

> > Yes, there are. E.g. HTML.Mydoom.email-gen-1 and others...
>
> Just why is it that I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm not wanted
> here...  Of course I meant signatures for "pure social engineering with
> no technical threat component".

 Glad to know I'm not the only paranoid on the list :)

 The problem is that, as yourself and others have mentioned, the
distinction between the different categories are dependant upon personal
interpretation. What one classes as social engineering, someone else may
class as, for example, malware. Even though they can technically be the
same thing, perceptions vary, thereby making it a nigh on impossible
question to answer.

Matt