Matt [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Getting back to the somewhat original question, if you download the
> signatures.pdf from the Clam website, that gives you a general listing
> of the different classes of various virii/malware naming conventions.
> That should give you an idea of which parts of the database you may
> wish to remove.

Thanks for your constructive reply.

If you mean section 3.5, unfortunately there is not mention of the
"Phishing" prefix, so obviously this list is not complete.  The fact that
a "Joke" prefix (for hoaxes) is also listed there makes me worry how many
more supposed "malware" categories are unconditionally detected by ClamAV
which I would not want to be detected as malware...

Also please keep in mind that a modular sig db would relieve ClamAV users
from downloading signatures they don't plan using.  Having to remove
unwanted sigs yourself requires you to download all existing sigs.