On Thursday 17 Feb 2005 15:07, Tomasz Kojm wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:50:11 +0000 (GMT)
> Andy Fiddaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Kind of.. there's a limit for how many times the mail scanner is
> > invoked, (such as for a message with zip containing message containing
> > zip containing message...), but not for mime recursion.. i.e.
> > parseEmailBody recurses through embedded MIME parts with no recursion
> > checking.
>
> I can't help you here as my knowledge on a mail structure is very
> limited. That limit and its implementation will have to be discussed
> with Nigel.

The recursive blocking was taken out some time ago after a LOT of pressure
in this list and through personal emails (there used to be a hardcoded limit
of 10 recursions).

I am not about to start that argument again since it is the usual case of clamAV
developers are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325