On Tue, 31 May 2005 at  0:28:59 +0800, imacat wrote:
>    Sorry, I have waited 2 days for this question.  Did someone notice it?
> Can someone answer it?
>
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 05:26:09 +0800
> imacat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> >     I had asked a question about the permission of /dev/console.  It is
> > solved in 0.85.1.  Thanks for your effort.
> >
> >     Now I have another question.  My console is full of ClamAV messages
> > now.  From peeking the code I saw that is a replacement of LogFile.  But
> > LogSyslog is, too.  I log with syslog since I would like a dedicated
> > management of the log events, like logging to another centralized
> > machine, seperating from severe level, channel, etc.  Then I like to
> > keep the console clean for real syslog panic events, or when I have to
> > work before the console, using curse editors like nano, pico, the
> > messages to the console really frustrate me.  Do I have to redirect
> > LogFile to /dev/null in order to turn it off?  That's OK, but I don't
> > think that's a good answer.  When LogSyslog is in use, I think it is
> > safe to leave the console alone and monitor events through syslog.  I
> > run many daemons.  I don't see any other daemon forcing its message to
> > the console.  Is it possible to fix this?  Or did I miss something?
> >
> >     Thank you in advance.

There are at least 2, partially related with each other, solutions.

1) You can configure your syslog daemon (syslogd, syslog-ng, whatever
you use) to _not_ write to the console messages from ClamAV. I.e.,
exclude the ClamAV's facility (LOG_LOCAL6 by default, but may be
changed with LogFacility in clamd.conf).

or

2) You can configure your syslog daemon to write to the console
only messages which exceed some priority (e.g. "crit").

--
 Tomasz Papszun    SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland    | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.