Odhiambo Washington wrote:
* Christopher X. Candreva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20050707 17:10]: wrote:

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Trog wrote:

What I wrote and what you wrote are different, hence different results.

You are correct. You wrote:

http://www.gzip.org/

However, The last modified date of the www.gzip.org page is July 27, 2003. There is no mention of a new version 'yesterday' (July 6 2005).

At the bottom, there is a link to http://www.gzip.org/zlib/ for zlib . Given that page, I would think that would be the place to look for updates to zlib.

Which brings us back to -- if a new version of zlib was released yesterday, where is it ?

And, incidently, www.info-zip.org says that the only official site for zlib is now www.zlib.net :

http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/

Of course that page also says 1.2.2 was release in Feb 2005, while the other sites it was released in October of last year, which also matches the file dates on the source I have.

What a mess.

You are right Chris. I am with you on this one ;)

I ran into this EXACT same problem a couple months back.

A google search for zlib shows http://www.zlib.net
A google search for libz shows http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/zlib/ which states that the ONLY current site for libz or zlib or whatever the hell its called is http://www.zlib.net

Going to www.zlib.net shows 1.2.2 as current.

There is a ton of misinformation and redirection going on with regards to this issue. Everything seems to point back to 1.2.2 and www.zlib.net . However its been stated here that this is not the correct site or the most current version. No wonder there is mass confusion. I gave up after 5 or 6 circles.

-Jim