On Friday October 27, 2006 at 08:42:34 (PM) Dennis Peterson wrote:

> Not to change the direction on you, but you might want to take advantage
> of the work Steve Basford is doing at
> http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/ for phishing problems, and also look
> at http://www.msrbl.com/site/stats for image and spam solutions. Both
> sites are providing excellent results on systems I'm running. The
> patterns are downloadable and very up to date. I've not had a single
> complaint of false positives, and the number of patterns provided is
> quite large.
>
> Steve has also written a very useable how-to for creating these patterns.

Steve has done a remarkable job with his 'sig' files. He is constantly
updating them. I know because I use them. they are always catching
'phishing' threats' on my PC.

He also has two automated installers for downloading and installing his
signature files. I wrote the 'script' version. There is also a Perl
version available on his site.

--
Gerard

     "There is nothing wrong with making love with the light on. Just make
     sure the car door is closed."

          George Burns