Hi Peter,

You are not the only one facing this problem. I am facing this problem
eversince i upgraded to clamav 0.88.7 I did not face this problem in
previous versions. But a search on the web shows references to this
problem even in older versions. I even consulted a mailscanner expert
and he feels this is definitely a bug and that he can't help.

I am using Mailscanner with clamavmodule. So i tried changing the
"ClamAVmodule Maximum Compression Ratio = 0" in mailscanner.conf but
still it doesn't work. Each and every zip file is getting flagged as
oversized.zip. I switched to clamav instead of clamavmodule and that
seems to solved the problem for now. But clamscan is taking up of lot
of system resources and is not efficient as clamavmodule. So now where
lies the problem - in clamav or in clamavmodule. There is also another
confirmed bug in Mail::ClamAV module. The Mail::ClamAV perl module
(v0.17) will not compile with ClamAV v0.90RC and will therefore break
MailScanner.

Hope our voice is heard by the developers.

regards
ks