--As of September 17, 2007 10:22:35 AM +1000, Graeme Nichols is alleged to
have said:

> 1. The package I used to upgrade clamav was built by Redhat/Fedora for F7
> so surely should be able to be trusted for use on a Fedora 7 system. Sure,
> packages from other package builders could have been built on any distro
> or release and *could* introduce problems.
> 2. Why has there been a change in the packaging of clamav? Freshclam is
> essential to the operation of clamav and *should* be in the same package
> as clamav.

As for the second: That is up to the package maintainer, who may or may not
be on this list.  The clamav team _does_ include freshclam with clamav, in
their source tarballs.  If it is not included in this package, it is
because the creator of this package has intentionally removed it.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.