Micah wrote:
>> No and yes.  But you can write a small script, perhaps even a long command,
>> do just that.
>> - --
>> René Berber
>
> Sorry if I'm a bit thick...but how?
>
> How can I get ClamScan to tell me what line (for a text file) matched a
> signature?
> Or
> How can I get ClamScan to tell me what string in the target file matched the
> signature?
>
> It seems to me that the scanner needs to be able to spit out more information
> than just the
> filename of the suspect.

There are scripts on line you can download that will split your single file
into
individual files - each a complete message. These you scan one at a time. After
you've found and dealt with the infected message(s) you reassemble the
individual
files into a single file again.

Start here: http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

dp