> On December 23, 2007 at 10:49PM Robert Adams wrote:

> I am very curious to know why anybody wants to help someone that has such an
> adversarial attitude towards them.  I understand that support is support and
> should help people when they are able to, but not everybody's attitude
> warrants that "extra mile" of help.
>
> Baz, keep paying those big bucks and remain a Windows-weenie.  It does
> not appear to me as though you will ever get an answer that makes you happy
> until you have someone hold your hand throughout the entire process.
>
> Linux requires a knowlege of the O/S AND the distro - please learn some of
> the
> basics of both before you junp down others' throats when they (very
> patiently) try to help you.  These people have spent much more than the month
> or so that you have put in to learn Linux.  Please show them the respect they
> deserve, ESPECIALLY when they are offering you their assistance on a Sunday
> evening.
>
> Hopefully my next posting will not be in regards to some spoiled, arrogant
> pussy that expects other people to do all his work and thinking for him.

Big buck, little bucks or no bucks, it makes no difference. Money is only
relative. The problem resides with those who are either too lazy or stupid to
RTFM. The number of winey-weeners is relatively proportionate to the number of
users of both *.nix and Microsoft products, although it is usually easier to
find documentation on Win32 based products.

It is apparent that the OP does not know proper posting etiquette to begin
with. The first response to his posting informed of of that; never-the-less,
he choose to ignore it. At that point right there I would have dismissed his
further inquiries. I usually ignore top posters out of habit anyway. If they
chose to post in a non-traditional manner, why should I waste me time trying
to assist them?

The best response you can give to a poster like that is not to berate him,
which only feeds his desire for attention, but rather to just ignore him
completely until his attitude changes.

--
Gerard