Roberto Ullfig wrote:

>> Well, it's the final destination for the repository but not for the
>> actual installations (/usr/local). I suppose I'll need to compile it
>> twice then, once for each location even though it never gets run from
>> the repository.
>>

> No, that's not going to work since the copy in our repository needs to
> be identical to the copy that gets installed in /usr/local. We copy the
> files from the repository to /usr/local when we clone a new server.

I believe this is the same situation with building an RPM package.
It starts by compiling with --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc (and so on),
but during a "make install", it sets a DESTDIR=/tmp/clamav.root (or
similar) so the files will be in /tmp/clamav.root/usr/bin,
/tmp/clamav.root/usr/lib, /tmp/clamav.root/etc, and so on.

Incidently, is there a reason why you're not using some kind of package
management like rpm? Openpkg uses rpm for cross-platform (including
Solaris and BSD) package management. It also has clamav-0.92.

Regards,

Fajar