Török Edwin wrote:

[snip]
> Try the same with 0.94rc1, it doesn't work with relative paths, it shows:
> ../test/clam.exe:  lstat() failed. ERROR

Nope, clamdscan doesn't work at all :

$ clamdscan -V
ClamAV 0.94rc1/8145/Wed Sep  3 01:00:57 2008

$ clamdscan clam.exe
clam.exe: lstat() failed. ERROR

$ clamdscan ../test/clam.exe
../test/clam.exe: lstat() failed. ERROR

Sorry I missed this, I just put it in operation with Exim and clamdmon
and saw no problems.  Of course Exim does not use clamdscan, it
communicates directly to clamd, so clamdscan was never tested; I did
test clamscan.

The above behaviour usually means permission problems, clamd is running
as user SYSTEM but not even in a SYSTEM owned directory (exim's spool)
the test works...

> I built 0.94rc1 myself on cygwin, and confirmed this.
>
> For some reason lstat() works with 0.94 ... after we dropped cygwin support.
> Weird isn't it?

No, programming is deterministic, something changed in the code.
--
René Berber