Hi,

Something changed in configure which results on a wrong setting for the
existence of gethostbyname_r, it worked fine on 0.94rc1, now it doesn't
build unless using the following.

Simple solution: add '--disable-gethostbyname_r' to configure line.

I haven't found what changed and how the result for the test is coming
out wrong, for reference here is the configure output line for both
versions:

0.94rc1
-------
checking for gethostbyname_r... support disabled

0.94
----
checking for gethostbyname_r... yes, and it takes 5 arguments
... (and the failure)
clamav-0.94/libclamav/mbox.c:4537: undefined reference to `_gethostbyname_r'

Creating library file: .libs/libclamav.dll.a

No problem building with the proposed workaround, except 'make check'
which needs removing the socket before testing, as in lines 25 and 39 of
check_clamd.sh:

        rm -f clamdscan.log clamd-test.socket

But then testing passing a file descriptor fails... I don't think Cygwin
has that functionality, can't pass file descriptors around.

Hope this is useful.
--
René Berber