On 05.09.2008 20:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Ian Eiloart wrote:

I'm looking for some documentation on PUAs, but can only find a very terse
list of the categories, at <http://www.clamav.net/support/pua>:

RC
NetTool
Packed
PwTool
RAT
Script
Server
Spy
Tool

But what do any of these categories mean? What sort of applications are
listed?

This question appears unanswered so far. The Wiki doesn't have anything
on the topic either. The only hit of a search for "PUA" is the page
https://wiki.clamav.net/Main/SignatureFormat where the character
sequence "PUa" appears as part of the sample signature.

Could anyone knowledgeable comment?

I'd like to go one step further and ask what users have found; On a incoming mail server which of these categories should be used and which ones will cause problems with users incoming e-mail.

Without any information on what that option might flag as "infected",
I cannot risk enabling it on a production system. So my answer to
these questions is "nothing", "none", and "I don't know".

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt