Charles Gregory wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>>> The principle of least surprise says....
>> But it is a big surprise when the action that old line was supposed to take
>> is no longer taken...
>
> But NOT as big a surprise as NO FILTERING AT ALL. That's the sticking
> point here. Unless we are all expected to tempfail mail when ClamAV
> aborts, and then deal with irate users who have been waiting all weekend
> to get their critical mail, then ClamAV should NOT abort unless it very
> literally cannot figure out what to do. And honestly, is it really that
> hard to have it interpret the *old* config items for a release or two?

ClamAV can fail for a number of reasons having nothing to do with
configuration changes. What is your default policy for mail processing
in the event of a ClamAV failure (Tempfail or at-risk delivery)? What
have you put in place for notification and recovery in the event of a
ClamAV failure? If this is done right you should have no problems
recovering from config file changes.

dp