da...@davidwbrown.name wrote:
> Hello, I have been following this thread. I would just like to ask: the
> bottom line is: you run HAVP behind Squid and no problems from each? I have
> been reluctant to run HAVP because I don't want any issues with Squid and I
> definitely do not want to quit using Squid. I want to run Squid and HAVP on
> the same box. Thanks, David.

Yup. Both on same box. We did have an issue. Some servers showed havp
"hanging" after it had been running for a few weeks, so we now restart
the service every Sunday. And we exclusively run the AV integration via
sockets. havp does have native AV support for some AVs via libraries,
but we went with communicating exclusively over Unix sockets primarily
because that's what we're used to (our edge Qmail servers run the same
AVs), and it guarantees separation between AV issues and havp issues.

Enough of this: there is a havp list for those interested. There's
nothing clamav-specific about all this.

Jason

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417