On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 at 13:55:30 -0600, jim.me...@co.hennepin.mn.us wrote:

> And some people's email systems, which are moronically locked down by
> management and admins do NOT let you do anything other than top post. Even
> though they can.

You mean one can't move down the cursor with arrows and use the Delete key?
The worst MUA I was made to use was MS Outlook and even there I could
trim messages, automatically mark quoted lines with "> " characters and
bottom-post.

> So sometimes it's not anyone's fault.

Even if there's such a corporate policy, it is valid only in that
corporation. It is not allowed to break the rules of the mailing list
(not mentioning the general netiquette).
If the company doesn't like the ML rules, then it should not subscribe.

Simple solution: use some other email account which permits decent
behaviour.

--
 Tomasz Papszun                                     | And it's only
 tomek at lodz.tpsa.pl http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/iso/ | ones and zeros.