On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:42:40 +0100
Simon <li...@thehobsons.co.uk> articulated:

{snip}

> Applying the logic used with some venom here, every one of those
> systems should have been upgraded and/or scrapped - never mind
> whether they would still be capable of doing the job they are there
> for.

This whole discussion is like the thread from hell. I block one and
another pops up. I am just going to have to start kill filtering
individual posters in order to eradicate it.

In any case, you statement displays the fallacy in your actions.

<quote>
never mind  whether they would still be capable of doing the job they
are there for.
</quote>

NEWS FLASH: THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB THEY ARE THERE FOR!
That should be self evident.

By the way, I still also have an old 8086 with DOS 3? (I don't remember
the version) that still works. I still use it on occasion to copy old
5.25 floppys to other media. Yes, some local government agencies have
valuable documents archived in that format. However, I would never
expect it run Win7, nor do I bitch to Microsoft about it either.

--
Jerry
clamav.u...@seibercom.net

The state law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the bathtub.