On 10/4/10 9:39 AM, "Erwan David" <er...@rail.eu.org> wrote:

> On 04/10/10 18:25, Dennis Peterson wrote:

>>> Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I didn't mean one should leave it out, just
>>> that if
>>> you do install the MacPorts version in /opt/local you need to make
>>> sure that
>>> this is included in the path designation or your customer won't
>>> benefit by
>>> it's being there.
>>>

>>> -Al-
>>>

>> Ah - yes. One should test it using otool which is similar to ldd in Linux:
>>
>> otool -l /usr/local/sbin/clamd (much stuff deleted from the output)
>>
>> Load command 14
>>           cmd LC_LOAD_DYLIB
>>       cmdsize 56
>>          name /opt/local/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib (offset 24)
>>    time stamp 2 Wed Dec 31 16:00:02 1969
>>       current version 1.0.6
>> compatibility version 1.0.0
>>
>> This shows the full path to the dylib is hardcoded into clamd.
>>

> No it does not show this. otool (like ldd) could resolve the lib and
> write where it found it, and where the loader would find it.

Well this is scary.  How come I'm getting this:

Load command 13
          cmd LC_LOAD_DYLIB
      cmdsize 52
         name /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib (offset 24)
   time stamp 2 Wed Dec 31 16:00:02 1969
      current version 1.0.2
compatibility version 1.0.0

and

bzip2 --version
bzip2, a block-sorting file compressor.  Version 1.0.5, 10-Dec-2007.

-Al-

--
Al Varnell
Mountain View, CA