On 9/7/11 4:21 AM, "sys...@ra-schaal.de" <sys...@ra-schaal.de> wrote:

> Am 07.09.2011 05:11, schrieb Al Varnell:
>> According to my mirrors.dat file the last time I successfully connected to
>> the US Mirror at akxnet.de (IP: 88.198.67.125) (obviously located in DE) was
>> on 29 Aug, but when I check my log I see that even that was actually an
>> error.  Since that time each of two updates on 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 Sep have
>> started with that same server and erred with the following:
>>
>>> connect_error: getsockopt(SO_ERROR): fd=4 error=61: Connection refused
>>> Can't connect to port 80 of host db.US.clamav.net (IP: 88.198.67.125)
>>
>> That status page has shown some issues with that server each day, but
>> nothing like what I am seeing.
>>
>> I can ping the server, but can not find it with my browser.  When I enter
>> clamav.akxnet.de I am currently taken to a different IP address, I believe
>> (46.4.61.241).  The 88.198.67.125 address comes back to mx00.akxnet.de
>>

>> -Al-
>>
> You can use 46.4.61.241 and 88.198.67.125 - both systems are always in sync.

I don't really get a choice, I must use whatever is handed off to me.  I
have never seen the 46 IP on our list.

> Due to heavy traffic (up to 5 GB in july only for the mirror) i limited
> the access. 2 connects/ip at the same time and 500 current connections.

I did a port scan last evening and 80 never came available:
Port Scanning host: 88.198.67.125

     Open TCP Port:     21             ftp
     Open TCP Port:     25             smtp
     Open TCP Port:     53             domain
     Open TCP Port:     110            pop3
     Open TCP Port:     143            imap
     Open TCP Port:     221            fln-spx

Also, there are two other ClamXav users in different parts of the country
that have been reporting this issue.

> The error should not allways apear. If so, could you please mail me your
> ip so i can have a look at the firewall.

Currently 71.198.46.64 but it's dynamically assigned by the ISP, so could
change.

> regards
> Florian

-Al-