On Jun 27, 2012, at 8:12 AM, Matthew Olney wrote:

> Apparently, the answer to this is on the wiki, but it is having issues.
>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Ilyas Doskhozhayev <idoskhozha...@gmail.com>
>>> Date: June 27, 2012, 5:45:28 AM EDT
>>> To: jes...@sourcefire.com
>>> Subject: update clamav
>>>
>>> Hi thank all you team for this antivirus tool/
>>>
>>> My question is on debian i have servers that can not update virus database
>>> directly from internet, so they update from local repository on network
>>> So can i make clamav update from my local repository on server that has
>>> internet ?
>>>

>>> I use this source list to update from repository on server
>>>
>>> deb http://10.0.1.11/localrepository /
>>>
>>> Thank in advanse

Here's the relevant information from the wiki:

Solution 1: Use an HTTP proxy

This solution is really easy to implement and is bandwidth efficient.

Install a proxy server (i.e. squid) and then tell your freshclam clients to use
it. This can be done by setting the HTTPProxyServer parameter in freshclam.conf
(see man 5 freshclam.conf for the details).

Solution 2: Serve .cvd files from a local web server

This solution is really simple to implement but it's only effective if your
clients are all on the same local network and bandwidth is not an issue for you.

Configure a local webserver on one of your machines (say machine1.mylan) and
let freshclam download the *.cvd files from http://database.clamav.net to the
webserver’s DocumentRoot.

Add this line to freshclam.conf on machine1.mylan:

  ScriptedUpdates off

First the database will be downloaded to the local webserver and then the other
clients on the network will update their copy of the database from it. For this
to work you have to change freshclam.conf on your clients so that it reads:

  DatabaseMirror machine1.mylan

  ScriptedUpdates off

--
Nigel Houghton