On 8/8/2012 11:22 AM, Len Conrad wrote:

>> What software put the mail in quarantine?  What's in the mail log?
>
> Aug  7 08:13:22 mx1.hctc.net/mx1.hctc.net clamd[60202]:
> /var/virus/clamsmtpd.qIdg8l: MBL_303159.UNOFFICIAL FOUND
>
> Aug  7 08:13:22 mx1.hctc.net/mx1.hctc.net clamsmtpd: 3EA221:
> from=bounce-tjmhmbzlppwckzzhcljkpcrdpjjmllrjbhsppztjsplchbptz...@email.carepackages.com,
>  to=x...@xxx.net, status=VIRUS:MBL_303159.UNOFFICIAL
>
> which file the msg is quarantined as is not logged.
>
> the quarantined msgs are stored to
>
> /var/virus/
>
> and the filenames are like:
>
> -rwxrwxrwx  1 vscan  vscan     12180 Aug  7 13:58 virus.Ywa18d

OK, so the quarantine file is created by clamsmtp.

> in trying to get amavisd-release to work, I changed permissions and
> owner:group, brutally.
>
> in amavisd-release, there is a file name filtering which rejects:

amavisd-release expects the message to be in the specific quarantine
format used by amavisd-new.  I would expect it to fail spectacularly
on "foreign" files.

> Stef of clamsmtpd said it would take custom software to release quarantine
> msgs.

That sounds grim.  I wonder about the purpose of a quarantine that
can't be released.  Regardless, since clamsmtp created the
quarantine, it seems that's the place to start looking for a release
mechanism.  Surely someone else has encountered this.

As a last-ditch effort, if you put a couple of quarantine files in a
pastebin, *maybe* someone here (or clamsmtp, or postfix-users, since
this is getting OT for this list) can give a hand.

  -- Noel Jones