The only file that was flagged as containing a virus (trojan) was
"wintest.py" in the "wintest" directory of the Samba source code. This
sounds like it's only a file for testing Samba (when built for
Windows?), and, unless it's something really sneaky, shouldn't be able
to affect a running Samba.

The bug is called "BadLock", and, since Microsoft is working on it too,
I'd guess it's an SMB protocol bug. Furthermore, some years ago MS was
stonewalling Samba. If it were a Samba-only bug, MS probably wouldn't
actively work on it, but rather would use it to tout the advantages of
Windows Server.

Paul Kosinski