Really large files like this would likely either be video files or
disk images (incl. DVD and Blu-Ray). Both kinds could, in principle,
have malware embedded.

Disk images often contain whole file systems and thus many, many files.
The alternative is to scan the entire FS after it is "mounted". (Of
course disk images these days might be 6 TB rather than a mere 6 GB.)

Video files could have malicious sequences of bytes which break codecs
(e.g., via buffer overflows) and possibly result in code execution.
(Adobe Flash comes to mind, with its monthly critical updates, but I'm
sure other codecs can also have similar problems.)