On 11/18/2016 8:39 AM, Fouts, Christopher wrote:
> Thanks. Yes I understand that clamscan is independent from clamdscan
> (hence, clamd), but I was hoping for a more consistent behavior between
> the two applications. I clamdscan can read the log path from some *.conf
> file, why canĀ¹t clamscan do the same? I have no issue using the -l option.
>
> Chris

Clamscan has no config file. I see no inconsistency here; these are
different tools for different purposes.

Perhaps it would be useful for clamscan to read (some?) options from
a config file, or even better from environment variables. Feel free
to open a bug report/feature request and make your case.

  -- Noel Jones