My reasons for querying C++ is this in your log

> checking for cc++... no

> checking whether the C++ compiler works... no

and as you are building 101, if you want to stop freshclam dumping an exit
error in your logs - it still work, just gives a false error. change this

freshclam/freshclamcodes.h from

typedef enum fc_error_tag {
    FC_SUCCESS          = 0,
    FC_UPTODATE         = 1,

typedef enum fc_error_tag {
    FC_SUCCESS          = 0,
    FC_UPTODATE         = 0,

The clamav code maintainers are aware of this…

robert

> On 7 Dec 2018, at 07:28, nikos <ni...@qbit.gr> wrote:
>
> Hello list.
>
> I'm trying to install the now version of clam and it seems to be compilation
> problems.
>
> I run ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-milter in the programs folder
> and I get the error:
>
> checking for g++... no
> checking for c++... no
> checking for gpp... no
> checking for aCC... no
> checking for CC... no
> checking for cxx... no
> checking for cc++... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> checking for FCC... no
> checking for KCC... no
> checking for RCC... no
> checking for xlC_r... no
> checking for xlC... no
> checking whether the C++ compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/home/admin/clamav-0.101.0':
> configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details
>
> I always install clam from source, as the previous versions. The funny thing
> is, if exctract and run configure in the previous version clamav-0.100.2
> every works fine!
>
> I have a server with latest centos release, full updated.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you in advance, Nikos.

> http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml

Robert Chalmers