Hi Micah,
Thanks for the information. !
I think I framed my problem statement differently. So, our requirement is
similar the one asked by John in the below link. I do not know if the solution
proposed is a correct one..
Also, how do you propose I should scan an archive of 100GB ( let's say) size.
Does clamav have any limitations on scanning a single file of such huge size ??
Please suggest.
https://clamav-users.clamav.narkive.com/azQ8KJeO/calling-clamd-instream-on-blocks-of-data-can-a-virus-sneak-by-the-edge-of-a-block

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 9:45 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd)<micas...@cisco.com>
wrote:   Unfortunately, ClamAV is not designed to parse and scan chunks of
files individually. ClamAV does file typing by pattern matching starting from
the beginning of a file.  Without this information, ClamAV won't know what type
of file it is scanning and will treat it as generic binary or text data.
Further, if the files are compressed in any way, ClamAV won't be able to
extract them without the entire file.

Regards,Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development