On 2019-01-25 at 18:43 -0800, Dennis Peterson wrote:
> You can easily use the unix split command and cat to scan files of any size.
> Or
> use perl to break stream file segments to the stream. The first file in a
> split
> or segment contains the file time and will need to be concatenated to the
> beginning of each split or segment so clamav knows what it is. It doesn't
> matter
> if the file makes no sense just so long as no malware is found. You will need
> two split sizes in order to ensure a signature doesn't span splits which
> means
> at least two runs of each large file, but that is trivial when scripted. SSD
> drives would be useful.
>
> dp

Sorry, but I think ClamAV is smarter than what you seem to think. While
this will allow clamav to still detect some signatures, your approach
will trivially fail for:
* Extended signatures that specify an offset (can create both False
Positives and Negatives)
* Logical signatures using eg. FileSize or NumberOfSections.
* Container signatures, as the container will be corrupted
* Hash signatures

Kind regards

PS: I assume you meat 'file mime', not 'file time'