On 05.04.19 22:05, Tim Hawkins wrote:
Does clamav partition the database so that signatures that are mainly
associated with email scanning can be dropped out for folks only needing
filesystems scans,  none of our systems use email, and we dont make use of the
mailer extension.

how do you imagine e-mails are scanned, when not as files?
it's not usually efficient to pass them to clamav through a socket, it's
better to store them locally and pass a file descriptor...

Having to load all the email focused signatures could as you have observed
impact performance.

I doubt so.