Given that the PhishTank signatures, specifically, have been causing the
performance issues, no. It's not unreasonable to want to pull them, and
only them, out. Having them in a separate db file would be highly
beneficial to those of us that don't want or need them at all. Barring
that, having a configuration option to disable them that is separate from
heuristics and safebrowsing would be just as effective.

--Maarten