OS: openSUSE Tumbleweed

I have found (like others) that the ClamAV 0.103.0-rc service doesn't start. When running the binary in a console, it doesn't daemonize, but keeps running. PID file and socket are created however.

I bisected this problem and found the commit

    bb12435: Create PID file before dropping privileges.

to be the culprit here. Reverting that one, all is well.

It is not clear to me what problem this patch intends to solve (for a systemd service it is absolute not required from a security point of view). The PIDFile should be writable by vscan user only anyway.