I wonder how many "ordinary" users of ClamAV are giving up on using it after
getting permanent 403s. I would imagine there are lots of people who don't
pursue the issue. They may even tell others that ClamAV is unreliable (which
would tarnish its reputation).

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:58:13 +0000 (GMT)
"G.W. Haywood via clamav-users" <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Wed, 10 Mar 2021, Kachare, Ganesh, Vodafone Group (External) via
> clamav-users wrote:
>
> > I am getting error  http client 403 ...
>
> I suspect that some people are subscribing to the mailing list when
> they belatedly find that the non-preferred way of getting the ClamAV
> signatures that they've been using has suddenly stopped working.
>
> Is there not an argument for (at least temporarily) putting something
> in the mailing list manager's 'welcome' message which asks them to
> read some of Joel's recent messages?
>
> Not only could it prevent a lot of unnecessary noise on the mailing
> list, it could also help people to avoid looking dumb - and that's
> hardly ever a bad thing.

  • [clamav-users]... Kachare, Ganesh, Vodafone Group (External) via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... Paul Smith via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... Al Varnell via clamav-users
      • Re: [... Gene Heskett via clamav-users
    • Re: [clam... G.W. Haywood via clamav-users
      • Re: [... Paul Kosinski via clamav-users
        • R... Paul Smith via clamav-users
          • ... Arjen de Korte via clamav-users
            • ... Paul Smith via clamav-users
            • ... Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users
          • ... Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users
            • ... Paul Kosinski via clamav-users
              • ... Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users
            • ... Paul Smith via clamav-users
              • ... Andrew C Aitchison via clamav-users
              • ... Arjen de Korte via clamav-users