On 08.02.22 10:35, Marc wrote:
>Normally when a client connection is reject by my sendmail server, the
> client is notified of the Reject message and the client server is
> generating a NDR.  This is listed in my log as [1]

> however when I send a virus

what's the difference between "you" and a "client connection"?

Not much I hope, both are delivering to the same server but from my message
I have the logs and can see if I receive a bounce or not.  Now I switched
testing via a thunderbird client, I do have better reporting.

if by "you" you mean your mail client, then your mailserver rejects message
from your mail client. Your mail client should display error message when
sending mail, not create a bounce.

this looks like your sendmail DID reject mail from client.

I think you are maybe right, however this is not being reported and it gets
stuck in my delivering mail server.

so, you have two mail servers and the first sends message to another one
that rejects it?

Which I do not get because if I put
my own email address on the email blacklist, I am getting the delivery
error reported from the same server.

Now it's extremely hard to understand what you are talking about when you
report your mail server to reject message from your mail server.

This can not be related to that clamav reports 554 5.0.0 and my email
blacklist reports  550 5.7.4?

putting your mail address on any list won't help, you just create another
confusion.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.