Hi Nozomi Tachibanaki,

You may add this option to your clamd.conf​ to enable alerts when the scan
limits are exceeded: AlertExceedsMax yes​

It should cause signature alerts like these when one of the limits causes the
scan to end early:
    - Heuristics.Limits.Exceeded.MaxFileSize​ FOUND
    - Heuristics.Limits.Exceeded.MaxScanSize​​ FOUND
    - Heuristics.Limits.Exceeded.MaxFiles​​ FOUND
    - Heuristics.Limits.Exceeded.MaxRecursion​​ FOUND
    - Heuristics.Limits.Exceeded.MaxScanTime​​ FOUND

If you do enable this, just keep in mind that when these alerts happen that it
does not mean there is anything wrong with the file, just that the scan was
incomplete because it exceeded one of the scan limits.

These heuristic alerts should work most of the time, although I am actively
working on improvements to error handling and alert reporting as I work on
overhauling the allmatch-mode feature (for reporting more than one signature
alert). I am hopeful that my current work will make these scan limit alerts
even more reliable in the future.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder