On Tue, 18 Jul 2023, Jaspreet Nahal via clamav-users wrote:

Hi,

I'm building an application using ClamAV as our AV of choice and trying to
evaluate the different approaches to avoiding hitting the CDN more than
what is absolutely necessary. As a part of this quest, would you be able to
share how and when the CDN rate limit is applied? I know configuration is
likely to change in the future, but just would like to have a general idea
for planning purposes.

If you can't use freshclam or cvdupdate, you do have their source and could do the same as they do.

Your use of "our" makes me think a private mirror
        https://docs.clamav.net/appendix/CvdPrivateMirror.html
might be useful to you.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk