Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your help always.

I have installed ClamAV 1.0.1 on a CentOS7 Docker container and started it with
AWS ECS, the following error may occur in freshclam.

ClamAV update process started at Wed Aug 2 14:10:27 2023
ERROR: Can't create temporary directory /var/lib/clamav/tmp.463bd76e97
Hint: The database directory must be writable for UID 1000 or GID 1000
ERROR: Update failed.

1. The owner of /var/lib/clamav is as follows.
drwxr-xr-x 1 clamav clamav 4096 Aug 2 13:51 clamav

2. The DatabaseOwner set in freshclam.conf is left as default.
# By default when started freshclam drops privileges and switches to the
# "clamav" user. this directive allows you to change the database owner.
# Default: clamav (may depend on installation options)
# DatabaseOwner clamav

3. The above error does not occur if you "Docker run" the container on your
local PC and run freshclam.

If you know why the permission error occurs, please let me know the cause.

Thank you and regards,
Nozomi Tachibanaki