Hi Mark,

thank you for your reply.

I checked the environment with the command you suggested.

The error message that is output is as follows.
# ClamAV update process started at Tue Aug  8 15:47:54 2023
# ERROR: Can't create temporary directory /var/lib/clamav/tmp.fa0a69ba96
# Hint: The database directory must be writable for UID 1000 or GID 1000
# ERROR: Update failed.

Default DatabaseOwner in freshclam.conf.
# By default when started freshclam drops privileges and switches to the
# "clamav" user. This directive allows you to change the database owner.
# Default: clamav (may depend on installation options)
# DatabaseOwner clamav

I checked the UID and GID in the error message.
# grep ":1000:" /etc/passwd
clamav:x:1000:1000:Clam Antivirus:/home/clamav:/bin/false
# grep ":1000:" /etc/group
clamav:x:1000:

Changed directory permissions for /var/lib/clamav.
# chmod 775 /var/lib/clamav
# ls -ld /var/lib/clamav
drwxrwxr-x 1 clamav clamav 4096  8月  8 15:27 /var/lib/clamav

After doing the above, I tried running freshclam again, but the error message
did not change.
This error only occurred when running on AWS ECS.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should check.

Thank you and regards,
Nozomi Tachibanaki