On 22/08/2023 20:09, Mona AlRekabi via clamav-users wrote:

Kindly, find the attached file.

This log file looks fine. Clamd is starting and binding to 127.0.0.1:3310. I'm still not clear what the client application is, but you say it's running on the same host as ClamAV so it should work.

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3310" is a fairly generic network connectivity error, but the "actively refused" part means something decided to refuse the connection rather than nothing answered.

There is information here on testing clamd connectivity over a TCP socket:

https://mivilisnet.wordpress.com/2022/12/24/testing-the-clamav-installation/

If it works then it can connect and the issue is perhaps a problem with the client program.

If the connection fails, since an issue has already been identified with Freshclam reaching the Internet to collect AV signature updates, I'd be inclined to believe that you have a firewall refusing connections to 3310, even from the host itself.

As far as I understand, Clamd does not have any IP blocking or ACLs to determine what can/can't connect, so it is presumably a firewall refusing the connection since the Clamd logs say it is starting and binding fine but no connections are logged.

Check your firewall logs.

Regards,

Adam Sweet