Hello,

yes as a result of architecture there is the limit of 2gb for each single file,
if the file is larger then the limit you will get an false-positive scan result
for this file.
-> please feel free to read what you find interesting:
https://docs.clamav.net/Introduction.html

kind greetings
newcomer01

An / To: Newcomer01 <mailto:newcome...@posteo.de>
CC / CC: Nhat Tran Xuan <mailto:nhat.tr...@ntq-solution.com.vn>
Gesendet / Sent: Mittwoch, August 23, 2023 um 20:25 (at 08:25 PM) +0200
Betreff / Subject: [clamav-users] Help clamdscan faster
Hello,
We are running a file management project with file storage using amazon S3.

Our core architecture isevery time there is an event to upload or edit a file
on s3, it will trigger an event to run an ECS task, that ECS will be a
container containing clamAV to scan for viruses of that file.
The whole process of the task is :  download the file from s3 -> scan the file for
viruses ->  push scan result to a webhook to display the message

1.How do you think about this architecture?

2.We are seeing that scanning takes a long time with large excel files ( ~20min
for 2-3GB file), is there any way to make it faster?

3. We are using "clamdscan" , is there any limit on how many files ( in folder
) can be scanned at once or maximum file size ?

3.If we run the ECS Fargate task with 2vCPU - 8GB RAM, will we be able to scan
the maximum file size? 20GB file size can be scannable?

Best regards,
Harry Tran