Hello Peter,

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:16:05 +0200, pete <p...@teamlupus.hu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i installed finally the webui, and tried to log in, but the login failed
> with ad...@local / admin. A short investigation revealed that the webui
> searches this user in the ldap directory.

Try also with "clapfrocks" as the password (without the quotes).

> I have a built-up directory with existing strucutre and already using
the
> qmail-ldap schema so i can't simply drop in the file shipped with clapf.
>
> Examining the supplied qmail.schema, it seems to me that it contains
some
> additional attributes to the original. I noticed oids starting with
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.7914.1.2008 which are probably clapf-specific additions.

correct

> Probably a typo exists in the schema as oids 1.3.6.1.4.1.7914.1.2.1.17
> (mailsizemax) and 1.3.6.1.4.1.7914.1.2008.1.1 (policygroupid) has the
same
> description of 'The maximum size of a single messages the user accepts.'

you are right, I corrected in my source tree

> I patched my schema with the required attributes manually and now i
> created
> a clapfadmin user (object) in ldap. After fixing permissions, login is
> still not
> possible.

I think it would be better to ship the original qmail.schema file,
and create a clapf specific schema which adds like

objectClass: clapfUser

> There is a short notice on the webui conf page
>
> "Note 2: the password field is the crypt()'ed password of the given
user.
> The webui encrypts the plain text password, then stores it to the
backend.
> "
>
> As explicitly not said wether it is true for all backends but seems so,
> because changing the pw in the directory for clapfadmin to a crypt-ed
> hash, it worked.
>
> As the directory is built and functioning with a lot of services
> integrated, all looking for md5 hashed pw-s, now i am in a big
trouble....
> Is there a chance, that clapf will support md5, at least in the ldap
> backend?

Actually the webui uses MD5 for passwords. To verify it, I recommend
you to change a password in the webui for user xy, then try to access
his other services with the new password. It should work.

Best regards,
Janos