Artur> A number of libgcj classes are heavily instrumented with CNI
Artur> native methods (for sake of speed/space etc - most notably
Artur> String and Character classes). Will gcj switch to classpath
Artur> ones, or there would be differences in implementations for some
Artur> classes ? (not talking about obvious ones required by porting,
Artur> like Class or WeakReference)

I'm unwilling to give up the speed advantages offered by our use of
CNI (which is nowhere near as prevalent as people here seem to
think).  However, I think these decisions must really be made on a
class-by-class basis, and we don't have enough information yet to make
them.  So the answer is, "it depends".

Tom