On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 08:03 +0200, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > A release branch has been created 'classpath-0_95-branch'
>
> Shouldn't that have been 0.94?

Yeah, the branch was created, then I realized my mistake. But the
revisionist history is that 0.95 is such a huge step forward (and so
late) that it deserves a 0.02 version bumb. And it ends in a 5 which
shows our commitment to 1.5+ from here on. :)

> > I'll try to pick up any fixes made on the trunk, but if you feel some
> > patch is release critical please do CC me.
>
> I'd really like to see the removal of the META-INF/services/*xml* go in.

Yes, that seems like a good idea. libgcj also did I believe that and the
fallbacks are in place. Besides the four service files you mention they
also remove the following 2 though:

 META-INF/services/org.relaxng.datatype.DatatypeLibraryFactory
 META-INF/services/org.w3c.dom.DOMImplementationSourceList

The first has always (more than a year been there when Chris added
relaxng support, second was added a few weeks ago by Gary.

Should these also not be there? The rule being if it is a service in the
core classes we default to in in code not through service files?

Then what about the prefs and sound ones?

Cheers,

Mark