Hello,

My problem is the next, I would like implement etcd cluster for broadcast the
"shared_config", but the nodes seem not communicate.

In the screenshots, I have four machines (bono, sprout, vellum, homer) which
respectively have the IP addresses next : 6.6.6.5, 6.6.6.7, 6.6.6.11, 6.6.6.13.

bono, sprout, vellum are cluster masters and homer a proxy.

Firstly, I configured the etcd on each machine with the "local_config" file as
below and I restarted the "clearwater-infrastructure" service.

For bono, sprout and vellum :
local_ip=<private IP>
public_ip=<public IP>
public_hostname=<node name>
etcd_cluster="6.6.6.5,6.6.6.7,6.6.6.11"
local_site_name=<site name>

For homer:
local_ip= 6.6.6.13
public_ip=<public IP>
public_hostname=homer
etcd_proxy="6.6.6.5,6.6.6.7,6.6.6.11"
local_site_name=<site name>

Secondly, on vellum, I stopped etcs services, create the file
"/etc/clearwater/no_cluster_manager" for force the generation of cluster and
start the etcs services, then, I only restarted the etcd services on other
computers (first the masters machines, then the proxy machine).

Bono:
~$ sudo monit stop -g etcd
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo touch /etc/clearwater/no_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g etcd
~$ sudo service clearwater-etcd restart
* Restarting etcd clearwater-etcd
start-stop-daemon : warning : failed to kill 17932 : No such process
Failed to get leader : client : etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured ;
error #0 : client ; etcd member http://6.6.6.5:4000 has no leader
; error #1 : dial tcp 6.6.6.11:4000 : getsockopt : connection refused

Provide a single member ID
Creating new cluster...
Etcd failed to start

Sprout
~$ sudo monit stop -g etcd
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g etcd
~$ sudo service clearwater-etcd restart
* Restarting etcd clearwater-etcd
client : etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured ; error #0 : dial tcp
6.6.6.11:4000 : getsockopt : connection refused
; error #1 : http : no Host in request URL
Rejoining cluster ...
[ OK ]

Vellum
~$ sudo monit stop -g etcd
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g etcd
~$ sudo service clearwater-etcd restart
* Restarting etcd clearwater-etcd
client : etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured ; error #0 : dial tcp
6.6.6.11:4000 : getsockopt : connection refused
; error #1 : client : endpoint http://6.6.6.5:4000 exceeded header timeout
; error #2 : http : no Host in request URL
Rejoining cluster ...
[ OK ]

Homer
~$ sudo monit stop -g etcd
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit stop -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_queue_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_config_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g clearwater_cluster_manager
~$ sudo monit start -g etcd
cat : /var/run/clearwater-etcd/clearwater-etcd.pid : No such file or directory
cat : /var/run/clearwater-etcd/clearwater-etcd.pid : No such file or directory
* Restarting etcd clearwater-etcd
context deadline exceeded
Provide a single member ID
Joining cluster as proxy...
[ fail ]
~$ sudo service clearwater-etcd restart
context deadline exceeded
Provide a single member ID
Joining cluster as proxy...
[ OK ]

Machines seem do not can communicate between them (with etcd), so I executed
the command "netstat" and we can see that the computers don't listen on the
4000 port for TCP (IPv4).

Bono
~$ sudo netstat -putln | grep etcd
~$

Sprout
~$ sudo netstat -putln | grep etcd
tcp 0 0 6.6.6.7:2380 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 22804/etcd
tcp6 0 0 :::4000 :::* LISTEN 22804/etcd

Vellum
~$ sudo netstat -putln | grep etcd
tcp 0 0 6.6.6.5:2380 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 14650/etcd
tcp6 0 0 :::4000 :::* LISTEN 14650/etcd

Homer
~$ sudo netstat -putln | grep etcd
tcp6 0 0 :::4000 :::* LISTEN 27288/etcd

I also made some commands to get more information about the state of the
cluster :

Bono
~$ sudo cw-check_cluster_state
This script prints the status of the Cassandra, Chronos, and Memcached clusters.
This node (6.6.6.5) should not be in any cluster.

~$ sudo clearwater-etcdctl cluster-health
cluster may be unhealthy : failed to list members
Error : http://6.6.6.5:4000 exceeded header timeout

error #0 : client : endpoint http://6.6.6.5:4000 exceeded header timeout

~$ sudo clearwater-etcdctl member list
client : etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured ; error #0 : client :
endpoint http://6.6.6.5:4000 exceeded header timeout

Homer
~$ sudo cw-check_cluster_state
This script prints the status of the Cassandra, Chronos, and Memcached clusters.
This node (6.6.6.13) should not be in any cluster.

~$ sudo clearwater-etcdctl cluster-health
cluster may be unhealthy : failed to list members
Error : client: etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured; error #0: client:
endpoint http://6.6.6.13:4000 exceeded header timeout

error #0 : client : endpoint http://6.6.6.13:4000 exceeded header timeout

~$ sudo clearwater-etcdctl member list
client : etcd cluster is unavailable or misconfigured ; error #0 : client :
endpoint http://6.6.6.13:4000 exceeded header timeout

Did I make a mistake in the configuration?

Best regards,

Kévin SALAÜN

Cordialement,

[Logo Orange]<http://www.orange.com/>

Kévin Salaün
Apprenti virtualisation de l'IMS
IMT/OLN

Fixe : +33296070406
<https://monsi.sso.francetelecom.fr/index.asp?target=http%3A%2F%2Fclicvoice.sso.francetelecom.fr%2FClicvoiceV2%2FToolBar.do%3Faction%3Ddefault%26rootservice%3DSIGNATURE%26to%3D+33296070406>
kevin.sal...@orange.com<mailto:kevin.sal...@orange.com>

Département Innovation, Marketing and Technologies
www.orange.com<http://www.orange.com/>

falsifie. Merci.

this message and its attachments.
modified, changed or falsified.