Clementine is the closest I have found on Mac for my music player
requirements... basically, I can more or less do what I was able to do with
MusicBee back in my Windows days.

Anyway, your music is not copied into Clementine, it is still being
referenced to the micro sd card and all the tag changes you made will be
reflected on there.  All you need to do is copy the contents of the micro
sd card to your folder of choice on your Mac and then you can link to that
in Clementine.

If you ever want to copy or move a file(s) to a different folder, select
and right-click on it while it is playing in a playlist and then you can
use either the "copy to library..." or "move to library..." options.
 Unfortunately that has stopped working for me on my Mac for at least half
a year because it doesn't give me an option anymore to select my
destination folder.

On a related note, my media buttons stopped working with the newest
versions.  The last version where the media buttons are still working is
this
<https://builds.clementine-player.org/mac/clementine-1.3.1-243-g420601f.dmg>
one and that is the one I'm still using.  I try new versions from time-time
to see if either the copy/move to library function or the media buttons
start working again but no luck so far ;-)   I would be keen to know if
they work for you.

One last thing I can mention in terms of how I find working with Clementine
the easiest is not to make use of its own library function but rather to
create a playlist and then use the "Playlist" - "add folder" command to add
my music folder containing everything.  The reason why I do that is that I
have found the library does not add, for some or other reason, all my
music.  I also find it easier to use the search bar to look at e.g. all the
songs from a band.  You can use search terms such as e.g. "artist:U2" in
the search bar to only search for the term u2 in the artist column rather
than in all the columns.

Clementine is not perfect, but it is much better than anything else for my
needs on Mac.  Hope you come right!