I have 50000 files and add new ones from time to time
the clementine tag editor, works fine outside of your library, click the
files tab next to the left pane so you are able to check tags, before
adding to your library
editing large numbers of tags will sometimes make whatever you are
listening to buffer & make clementine seem unresponsive, be patient

a normal structure for a music library
a folder named music containing folders for each artist containing folders
for each album, music>artist>album>song
you can do it other ways genre>artist>album
set clementine to display the same clicking wrench icon right of search
box: wrench>Group By>Artist>Year>Album [or whatever sort you prefer]

to add a new albums or songs for an existing artist can just moved or
copied to it's proper location with your favorite file browser
clementine will show the new content without doing anything