On Thu, 16 May 2024 01:28:37 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kiz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Caching children and selected children of the thee on the native level;
> Caching all children of a specific parent in CAccessibility to enhance
> recursive children selection algorithm;
> Removing fix for JDK-8317771 as no longer needed;

src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/a11y/CommonComponentAccessibility.m
 line 352:

> 350: {
> 351:     AWT_ASSERT_APPKIT_THREAD;
> 352:     if ([self
> respondsToSelector:NSSelectorFromString(@"invalidateSelectionCache")]) {

You can override this method for the tree. to avoid checking the selector
support... This is a time-consuming procedure.

src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/a11y/OutlineAccessibility.h
line 36:

> 34:     BOOL rowCacheValid;
> 35:     NSMutableArray<id<NSAccessibilityRow>> *selectedRowCache;
> 36:     BOOL selectedRowCacheValid;

And can we use a single array for the cache in the same way as we do in Table
Accessibility?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19255#discussion_r1605871206
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19255#discussion_r1605863442