We are reworking some code around value field layouts and creating a class 
named `ValueFieldLayout`. To lower the risk of misunderstanding I propose that 
we rename `ValueFieldLayoutInfo` to `ValueFieldInfo`.

The proposal in a future change is to have something that looks like this:

class ValueFieldInfo {
  ValueKlas* _vk;
  ValueFieldLayout _ layout;


---------
- [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

-------------

Depends on: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33178

Commit messages:
 - Merge branch 'valhalla_remove_cached_null_marker_offset' into 
valhalla_rename_vfli
 - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/pr/33177' into 
valhalla_remove_cached_null_marker_offset
 - Create [copy_]size_in_bytes helpers on ValuePayload
 - Remove copy_layout_kind parameter
 - Simplify Read
 - 8393451: ValuePayload copy and null marker simplifications and cleanups
 - 8393231: C2: assert(old_raw_mem_proj != nullptr) failed: should have found 
raw mem Proj
 - 8393242: jlink fails with "Multiple modules contain non-empty package" for a 
non-package resource directory in more than one module
 - 8385017: Null pointer dereference in 
java.desktop/share/classes/com/sun/media/sound/ModelByteBuffer.java:204
 - 6986565: sun/java2d/SunGraphics2D/PolyVertTest.java failed on Windows and 
Solaris
 - ... and 29 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/74204125...51d3a814

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33179/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=33179&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8393454
  Stats: 10959 lines in 191 files changed: 3987 ins; 6170 del; 802 mod
  Patch: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33179.diff
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/33179/head:pull/33179

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33179

Reply via email to