It's maybe more a matter of taste, but we have funtions like frest, rfirst,
etc. We have dotimes. We have not=, not-any?, not-every?, etc. Even defn is
a convenience macro that isn't strictly necessary.

I think that (maybe) people will come to Clojure expecting the "standard"
list processing functions that you find in other languages, this includes
something that removes nils, I know I did. I was a bit surprised that there
wasn't a compact function.

If it's not a popular idea, then it's not a big deal. Anyone can write this
simple function for their own use. I just thought it was something that
people might expect.

Paul