Debugging presently with JSwat and it works fine. We have extensive
logging (javalog) and use some trace macros
from time to time.

Of course you have to get acquainted with the internal Clojure
representation as shown by the debugger but that's not a big learning
curve.

Presently we use a mix of Spring beans, Java and Clojure components.

Luc