On option I would like for the Repl is an option such that each
evaluated expression that does not define a new symbol itself, would
(nethertheless) bind a symbol.  Many other Repl's for other languages
(such as, I believe, Scala) do this: the Repl identifies the bound
symbol and the value, not just the value.

This should be an option, perhaps another * symbol, like *e.

For me, it saves the effort of remembering to (def foo (...)) for
temporary values I'm using to test my functions.  Instead, I'd just be
able to type the expression (...) and see what symbol Repl provided.

Obviously, this will impact the ability for data to be GC'ed, so you
wouldn't want this in production.

Thoughts?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship